We have been enjoying many afternoons at the bowling alley. The Kids Bowl Free program has turned into a real blessing for our family. I had no idea the children would like bowling so much. They are having such a good time bowling, that I decided to purchase the family pass, so that I can bowl with them.
The way the program works is that you go online and sign up. They email me the free passes each week, and I print them out. Each child can bowl 2 games, for free, each day of the summer. The only expense is shoe rental. Well, shoe rental can cost $2.25 per person, so that can really add up. But, the bowling alley offered a "shoe pass" for the summer, to go along with the free bowling. There was an upfront cost to get a pass for each kid and myself, at $9.95 each. The shoe pass paid for itself by the 5th time we bowled. The Family Pass allows adults to bowl with the kids. That pass is for up to 4 adults, and costs $24.95. That is a good deal all by itself. But, then a special coupon code circulated, where I could buy the Family Pass and save 15%.
In the end, I spent $9.95 per person for a shoe pass, and $21.21 for a bowling pass for myself. That is hardly bowling for free! But, that $80 is quite a deal for all of us to go bowling as many days as we want this summer. By comparison, $80 is what one sport activity (soccer, basketball...) costs for 1 child, for a 2 month period. So, I am quite pleased that the expense of this "free" bowling program is well worth the cost.
On occasion, I will order a pizza for the kids to share. They think that is a real treat.
Some of our friends have signed up too. So now we have a fun, cool activity to do with friends on those hot summer afternoons.
When I tried bowling for the first time since purchasing the pass, I was quite rusty. It had been over 3 years since I had bowled. Jersey #2 looked at her score and told me that she needed to "kick it up a notch." She then looked at my score and said,
"You need to kick it up about 5 notches, Mom."
Thanks dear.

No comments:
Post a Comment