Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weather

On Wednesday, we enjoyed the beautiful Fall weather, complete with leaves falling from the big tree in the backyard.

The kids went outside and played in the leaves.



Much to my surprise, we woke up Thursday morning to a serene layer of snow across the backyard.

Snow is beautiful.

But, I am not ready for it.

I am not ready for winter at all. Actually, I am really not ready for Fall either.

I had big plans to re-paint our living room toward the end of the summer. We had remodeled the kitchen in July, and the living room was suppose to be next. I was even going to wash the big rug, hosing it down out on the back patio, to have it clean for winter.

With all those falling leaves, there is no way I can wash the rug on the patio. Snow inhibits that as well.

So, in an act of absolute desperation, I am going to attempt to rally my family together and help me clean up the living room/dining room area of our house and paint the walls.

This weekend.

Normally, I try to use the weekend after Thanksgiving to work on my Christmas cards and annual newsletter to friends and family. I like to send mine out early. Sometimes we even manage to put up the tree and decorations. The month of December is usually a whirlwind of activities.

This year has been the year for running behind, so it looks like my greetings will be late as well. I am going to try to hold off the Christmas decorating festivities long enough to paint the living room.

So, if you are anticipating a Christmas card and newsletter from me this year....

be sure to check your mailbox sometime in early January.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - Snow in ABQ! That's awesome! I think when we lived there it snowed a mere 1/4 inch. Happy winter! ;-) It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete