I absolutely adore this stage of childhood: mismatched grins.
The sporadic fun appears with the loss of that first baby tooth, usually somewhere in kindergarten. From there, it is a roller coaster of dental fun....teeth fall out...teeth grow in.
Those permanent teeth are so much bigger than the baby teeth too. At first, it is a shocking sight to see.
The missing two front teeth are my favorite. I love to see those smiles. I love to hear the sound of the air passing through the empty space as the kids talk. I find this whole phase to be quite entertaining.
Down the road, I know it will be important for the kids to have a nice full smile of straight teeth. Braces will most likely be necessary to accomplish this goal.
But for now, I am totally enjoying this time where missing teeth and mangled smiles are C.U.T.E!
The sporadic fun appears with the loss of that first baby tooth, usually somewhere in kindergarten. From there, it is a roller coaster of dental fun....teeth fall out...teeth grow in.
Those permanent teeth are so much bigger than the baby teeth too. At first, it is a shocking sight to see.
The missing two front teeth are my favorite. I love to see those smiles. I love to hear the sound of the air passing through the empty space as the kids talk. I find this whole phase to be quite entertaining.
Down the road, I know it will be important for the kids to have a nice full smile of straight teeth. Braces will most likely be necessary to accomplish this goal.
But for now, I am totally enjoying this time where missing teeth and mangled smiles are C.U.T.E!

No comments:
Post a Comment