Monday, June 7, 2010

Moving Forward

I am not sure if I should dare to say that I am starting to find a little balance to my life now. I hope to keep moving in this direction, because it is finally feeling a bit more stable.

I am not yet completing my to-do list, but I am actually reaching a point of marking items off the list. That is an improvement over my previous slow-motion week.

I think I am moving forward once again.

Jersey #2 has just completed her 3rd week of recovery following open-heart surgery. Quarantine restrictions have been lifted. She can go out and about in public once again. She is healing great. She gains more energy every day. She gets tired too, and we have to adjust our schedule for that. Since we were already in that mode prior to surgery, this still somehow seems easier. She is still restricted from swimming and contact sports, so it is a gradual re-entry into our former way of life.

Baseball, horseback riding, and vacation bible school (VBS) are filling up the calendar.

I am learning how to prepare more fresh vegetables in our meals, because The Referee is battling a food allergy of unknown source right now. As we try to pinpoint what he is allergic to, we appear to be shifting toward foods in their natural state.

We finally saved up enough money to buy Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University home study course. I have managed to watch all 13 DVD lessons in one week. I just can't believe how much we are learning about money management that we did not know before....and had never considered. It is so much more than just getting out of debt. Wow.

I am currently reading a book, along with participating in a Bible study at church, that are both helping me frame up the ways I need to grow as a mother. I am a work in progress.

The Referee and I actually managed to go out on a date Saturday night. We went to a movie. It was a celebratory date. It was the 18-year anniversary of our very first date, where we also went to a movie. 18 years seems like an incredibly long time to be together. I am not sure if we are more overwhelmed by the number, or by the flood of challenges we have endured during those years. Either way, it was a fun date night. I am glad we are together.

I have conquered the dishes, tackled two-thirds of the laundry, and mopped the dining room floor for the first time in 2 months. It is not enough to keep this home running smoothly, but it is progress.

There is a lot going on, so I hope to gain some momentum soon. Until then, I am going to just keep moving forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment