Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rest

A couple days ago, I noticed that my body feels incredibly well rested. I have not felt this good in years. At first, I wondered if it was the running. Exercise is suppose to help you sleep better, right? Well, since I am still hobbling around with sore muscles, I didn't think I was truly feeling the sleep benefits of running, yet.

Yesterday, I did not get out of bed until 9am! I am not sure the last time I slept that late. How did I sleep so long? I felt so good. I felt so rested. Wow.

How come no one woke me up? When I went out to the living room, I found the kids were all watching cartoons. They had already eaten breakfast. The older girls were dressed. I stared at them in amazement.

Then, it dawned on me...

I am so well rested because my early bird, high-maintenance son is spending the week with Granny & PawPaw.

He is the reason I do not have to set an alarm clock. He enters my room and asks me for something by 6am every single morning. He likes to be the first person awake, and then he likes to wake me up to tell me that he is the first one awake! It does not matter what time I go to bed, my morning wake up call always arrives on time. Even if The Referee gets up with the kids to let me sleep, Jersey #3 will seek me out when he needs assistance. He has even been known to wake me up just to tell me that he is playing quietly so that he doesn't wake me up! I have grown so accustomed to this way of life, that I have completely forgotten what it feels like to be well rested, and to have uninterrupted sleep.

I feel like a whole new person.

A few days ago, Granny mentioned that Jersey #3 woke up with her at 3:30 AM! She is going to need a lot of rest to recover from his visit.

I am well rested and ready for his return home. As much as I enjoy sleep, I sure do miss his interruptions.

1 comment:

  1. So how is having your alarm clock back?
    Currently my kids haven't decided who is the alarm clock, as they are taking turns lately.

    ReplyDelete