I am feeling SO much better this morning!
After a weekend of being in bed, I really feel like a brand new person today. Wow. I have a new respect for illness, now that it has been able to take me down so well. I wonder if that is a side-effect of getting older? I won't dwell on it.
Instead, I am counting my blessings.
I am blessed that medicines work on my body exactly how they are intended. I do not suffer with side-effects, but instead enjoy the most efficient treatment at the lowest dose. That is a wonderful feature I have enjoyed my entire life, and I am so glad that it is not changing for the worse with age. The pain medications take away my pain. The antibiotics fight my infection. Hallelujah! I much prefer to live my life medication-free, but it is so nice to know that meds work when I need them. (I am really hoping I will take after my maternal grandma who shocked her doctors because she was on no medications at the age of 69 when she was being evaluated for surgery. That is a rarity in our society, for sure.)
Another recent blessing is that the medical insurance company re-evaluated the way they were assigning financial responsibility for Jersey #2's treatment, in such a way that reduces our portion to the level we were initially expecting.
This morning, I have come to the realization that I am a runner. I am still stunned at myself. When I woke up feeling so much better this morning, one of my first thoughts was that I should go for a run. I missed many workouts while sick in bed, and my body just could not wait to get out there again. That first run back was tough, but I am really glad I went. I am already setting bigger and better goals for myself.
The Referee totally surprised me when he researched a way to fix his car on his own....and then succeeded! He listed out all the things that were going wrong with that old car, talked the repairs over with a coworker, printed off some instruction manuals from the internet, watched a few videos on how to complete the repairs, listed out all the parts he would need from the auto parts store, bought the parts, parked his car in the side yard so he could work on it all weekend, worked on it throughout the weekend while dealing with interruptions from the kids and a wife who was sick in bed, then woke up early Monday morning to finish up the last of the repairs before work. His car runs great, no longer overheats, and the vents/air conditioning work on all levels. In the end, he saved us over $700 by doing the work himself. I am totally impressed!
My chore charts and school schedules are working. The kids are well aware of what they need to work on, so even an illness in Mom did not set us back too far. I have been able to rest and recover. The house is not very clean, but it certainly could be worse. Jersey #1 and Jersey #2 have cheerfully prepped food and drinks for their younger siblings, giving me a nice break. The Referee even tackled all of the dishes for me.
I am blessed.
After a weekend of being in bed, I really feel like a brand new person today. Wow. I have a new respect for illness, now that it has been able to take me down so well. I wonder if that is a side-effect of getting older? I won't dwell on it.
Instead, I am counting my blessings.
I am blessed that medicines work on my body exactly how they are intended. I do not suffer with side-effects, but instead enjoy the most efficient treatment at the lowest dose. That is a wonderful feature I have enjoyed my entire life, and I am so glad that it is not changing for the worse with age. The pain medications take away my pain. The antibiotics fight my infection. Hallelujah! I much prefer to live my life medication-free, but it is so nice to know that meds work when I need them. (I am really hoping I will take after my maternal grandma who shocked her doctors because she was on no medications at the age of 69 when she was being evaluated for surgery. That is a rarity in our society, for sure.)
Another recent blessing is that the medical insurance company re-evaluated the way they were assigning financial responsibility for Jersey #2's treatment, in such a way that reduces our portion to the level we were initially expecting.
This morning, I have come to the realization that I am a runner. I am still stunned at myself. When I woke up feeling so much better this morning, one of my first thoughts was that I should go for a run. I missed many workouts while sick in bed, and my body just could not wait to get out there again. That first run back was tough, but I am really glad I went. I am already setting bigger and better goals for myself.
The Referee totally surprised me when he researched a way to fix his car on his own....and then succeeded! He listed out all the things that were going wrong with that old car, talked the repairs over with a coworker, printed off some instruction manuals from the internet, watched a few videos on how to complete the repairs, listed out all the parts he would need from the auto parts store, bought the parts, parked his car in the side yard so he could work on it all weekend, worked on it throughout the weekend while dealing with interruptions from the kids and a wife who was sick in bed, then woke up early Monday morning to finish up the last of the repairs before work. His car runs great, no longer overheats, and the vents/air conditioning work on all levels. In the end, he saved us over $700 by doing the work himself. I am totally impressed!
My chore charts and school schedules are working. The kids are well aware of what they need to work on, so even an illness in Mom did not set us back too far. I have been able to rest and recover. The house is not very clean, but it certainly could be worse. Jersey #1 and Jersey #2 have cheerfully prepped food and drinks for their younger siblings, giving me a nice break. The Referee even tackled all of the dishes for me.
I am blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment