And, this is where I post about how much all of the exhaustion over the past two weeks has been totally worth it...
I am thankful that I have that new job.
I am thankful that our family pulled together to manage that insanely busy schedule to allow me to train on my new job.
Today, The Referee received the terribly bad news that his job is in dire jeopardy.
He has approximately 2 weeks worth of work funding before his employer may have to let him go.
Those 2 weeks mean that he is not laid-off yet. He is still being paid. He still has medical benefits. Every week that continues will be good. Unfortunately, there does not look to be an open window for the long term.
Thankfully, I have a job that also has the option for benefits. So, in the event that The Referee suddenly loses his job, we can continue health care for our family, specifically Jersey #2. What a relief!
I know that God is in control.
Looking back, I see how events occurred in such away to show me that His plans are better than mine.
For some reason, I was not informed of the obligation to train in the day shift, when I went for the interview. Had I known that 6 weeks of day shift work was expected, I would not have continued pursuing the job. That would have been an impossible feat.
As soon as I found out I was expected to train on the day shift, I called the hiring manager to clarify the details. I wanted to give her the opportunity to tell me the requirement, so that she or I could back out of the agreement easily, before I started work. She told me not to worry, and we would talk about it on my first day.
(I am not good at patience). I went in that first day, armed with a color-coded calendar of when I was and was not available to work/train. She passed it on to the scheduler, and said they would schedule me 2 weeks at a time. I continued to expect to be told it was just not going to work out.
Instead, they are working around my schedule rather well. Coworkers have stepped up to offer to train me on their weekend shifts.
The lady training me on Wednesday divulged that I was really being given some special treatment. She said that regardless of what shift a person is hired for, they are generally expected to work Monday through Friday day shift, for at least 2 months, until they are trained. She was shocked to hear that I was only working 4 days, and that I was training on weekends as well. She could hardly believe I was going to move to my hired shift as soon as I am trained in one area. It was clear from her reaction that I am being treated differently. (I am not sure she approved).
I left work on Wednesday feeling highly favored.
I admit, with the challenges we have been facing (car, dog, schedule, exhaustion), I was questioning if the job was a bad idea. It seemed like we were spinning our wheels and not going forward. Knowing the managers were giving me special consideration, made it difficult to back out.
Now, it is all so much clearer. I AM highly favored. I like that. This job IS a good choice for my family right now.
My God will supply all my needs.
I am thankful that I have that new job.
I am thankful that our family pulled together to manage that insanely busy schedule to allow me to train on my new job.
Today, The Referee received the terribly bad news that his job is in dire jeopardy.
He has approximately 2 weeks worth of work funding before his employer may have to let him go.
Those 2 weeks mean that he is not laid-off yet. He is still being paid. He still has medical benefits. Every week that continues will be good. Unfortunately, there does not look to be an open window for the long term.
Thankfully, I have a job that also has the option for benefits. So, in the event that The Referee suddenly loses his job, we can continue health care for our family, specifically Jersey #2. What a relief!
I know that God is in control.
Looking back, I see how events occurred in such away to show me that His plans are better than mine.
For some reason, I was not informed of the obligation to train in the day shift, when I went for the interview. Had I known that 6 weeks of day shift work was expected, I would not have continued pursuing the job. That would have been an impossible feat.
As soon as I found out I was expected to train on the day shift, I called the hiring manager to clarify the details. I wanted to give her the opportunity to tell me the requirement, so that she or I could back out of the agreement easily, before I started work. She told me not to worry, and we would talk about it on my first day.
(I am not good at patience). I went in that first day, armed with a color-coded calendar of when I was and was not available to work/train. She passed it on to the scheduler, and said they would schedule me 2 weeks at a time. I continued to expect to be told it was just not going to work out.
Instead, they are working around my schedule rather well. Coworkers have stepped up to offer to train me on their weekend shifts.
The lady training me on Wednesday divulged that I was really being given some special treatment. She said that regardless of what shift a person is hired for, they are generally expected to work Monday through Friday day shift, for at least 2 months, until they are trained. She was shocked to hear that I was only working 4 days, and that I was training on weekends as well. She could hardly believe I was going to move to my hired shift as soon as I am trained in one area. It was clear from her reaction that I am being treated differently. (I am not sure she approved).
I left work on Wednesday feeling highly favored.
I admit, with the challenges we have been facing (car, dog, schedule, exhaustion), I was questioning if the job was a bad idea. It seemed like we were spinning our wheels and not going forward. Knowing the managers were giving me special consideration, made it difficult to back out.
Now, it is all so much clearer. I AM highly favored. I like that. This job IS a good choice for my family right now.
My God will supply all my needs.

No comments:
Post a Comment