Saturday, August 4, 2012

Growing


I do not know what happened to my sense of time.

I have 3 weeks of wonderful pictures and stories to share.

But, I just could not find a minute to stop and put them into a blog post.

Life has been a whirlwind lately.

At one point, I was walking across a yard and I looked up at the sky, and specifically spoke to God to make sure he understood that I did not think I was equipped to handle all that was on my plate right now.  I suggested a more relaxing time instead.  I was pretty sure I had nothing left to give.  

And that was when the growing started.

Growing closer to God.

Growing stronger in my Faith.

Growing more confident in myself.

Growing more patient in my purpose.

The outcome of growth is so wonderful, but the process is so challenging.


In the past 3 weeks, I took the kids on a mission trip to the Navajo Nation.  We spent the following week at church camp.  We made a visit to Granny & PawPaw's house over the weekend, and also visited my sister's house to attend a swim party to celebrate my nephew's birthdays.  The 3rd week was spent in various acts of service to others, a little fun for ourselves, and a giant leap into a new career for me.  We made one final summer visit to Granny & PawPaw's house for the weekend.  Now, we are safely home again.


Yes, I am tired.  Fatigued is a good word for it.  But, the good news is that I am not drained.  I am physically tired from all that travel and service.  But, I am also rejuvenated deep within.  It is an odd response for such a busy time.

I have a houseful of clutter....laundry, dishes, suitcases, oh my! Spoiled-tired kids, and we are completely off our routine.  

But, for the first time in years, I have a strong sense of priority in life, WITHOUT being in the midst of a crisis, allowing me to see with such clarity.  


   


No comments:

Post a Comment