Sunday, September 11, 2011

EIGHT


Our beautiful Jersey #2 is EIGHT years old!

(Her birthday was actually a few weeks ago, but I am so behind on blog posts, that I thought this was a good place to re-start).

Jersey #2 is the child who turned my heart toward home.  The great irony of my life is that I wanted to be a heart surgeon when I grew up.  I've spent many hours in cardiology clinics, but not as a doctor.  I chose to stay home full time, shortly after Jersey #2's first open-heart surgery.  It was very clear that she needed me, and would not be a candidate for daycare.

Jersey #2 was a beauty from birth...

Weighing in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces, she was our largest baby.  She certainly did not resemble a typical heart patient.  Then again, Jersey #2 is just not known for being typical.

Her eyes were big, and her head was even bigger...


She survived her first open-heart surgery (to repair all her heart plumbing that was out of place), and recovered with ease.  She went on to have a normal, healthy childhood.


She was an active, daring toddler.  We were certain that fear must be located in the heart, and her surgeon must have accidentally removed her fear when he performed her first heart surgery.



Most of the time, Jersey #2 prefers to travel the off the beaten path.  During the princess phase of interest, when all the other girls were fond of Cinderella or Belle, Jersey #2 preferred Pocahontas or Snow White...


She just has her own style, and enough sassy attitude to go with it...



8 is a fun age in general, but it is great to see Jersey #2 mature into being eight.


She got her ears pierced.  Her birthstone earrings go well with that jack-o-lantern smile.


We celebrated her 8th birthday at the roller rink.  Jersey #2 enjoyed all of the attention, the fun of skating (and sometimes falling) with her siblings, cousins, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment