Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baskets


When I was a kid, my Mom made up huge Easter baskets, wrapped in cellophane paper. They were gorgeous. They were just like the ones you can buy ready-made in the store, only better. Much better. Mom said she could make them up to be nicer, for a fraction of the price. We got a whole lot more candy that way too.

I usually try to carry on that tradition. Beautiful baskets of candy, and an outfit, wrapped in cellophane....

Except this year.

This year, I was SO exhausted after Jersey #3's birthday party (and the adventure of taking Jersey #1 to the urgent care), that I just did not have the energy to tape up those bags and arrange the baskets neatly. This year, I made less-than-pretty baskets.

I had ordered each child some jean shorts for summer. I put their pack of jean shorts on the table, and placed their basket on top. I added a packaged of new underwear, a t-shirt, and a chocolate bunny. I had actually purchased more candy, but left it in the fridge. I sprinkled some plastic eggs around the table.

Then, I dropped into bed like cement. I was too tired to feel too guilty about my lack of basket perfection. I was so very thankful that I bought all of the basket goodies at the same time I was buying the birthday party supplies, because at least I had the items available.


Thankfully, I have some of the most grateful children in the world. They were so caught up in the excitement of their Easter baskets, that they did not care that there was no cellophane paper. They posed for a picture, then tore into those baskets with gusto.



It did not take long to get those chocolate bunnies opened. Chocolate bunnies at 9am.
Yes, breakfast is served...

No comments:

Post a Comment